The office for scientific & international relations began its activity since 2008 in the College of Agriculture & Natural Resources, University of Tehran (UTCAN).
The main objectives have been to broaden the scope of international programs with foreign universities and to achieve further internationalization of the University of Tehran. This is done through joint agreements, joint programs and degrees, joint research projects, exchange of students and professors, with major foreign universities.
The office aims to develop scientific relationship between UTCAN and foreign universities, and to promote scientific level of the academic members and students.
The main duties of the office are:
- Setting up scientific and educational relation with foreign high standard level universities all over the world in the framework of contracts, memorandum of understanding, and supervising its implementation.
- Delivering services to foreign universities' faculty members.
- Dispatching postgraduate students to foreign universities in the scheme of scholarship or mutual agreements.
- Dispatching university faculty members and students to participate in international conference and sabbatical leave, in other countries.
- Admission of foreign students
At the present, UTCAN has about 76 foreign students who are studing, and 70 students who are accepted and will start soon their education, from different countries. Such as: Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Tanzania, Nijeria, Tajikistan, Lebanon, Sudan, and Indonesia.
Dr. Arash Malekian
Advisor to Dean for International Relation
PhD in Hydrology and Water Resources Management
MOU & Agreements:
Address: College of Agriculture & Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Daneshkadeh Ave., Karaj-Iran
Fax: + 98 2632224023
Tel: + 98 2632248085
Postal Code: 77871-31587